It’s no leg lamp shade, but it’s just as cool and emits its own glow of electric blogging sex.
The Versatile Blogger Award was bestowed upon me by Karen DeLabar, one of my new favorite people who I follow on Twitter. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised to find out she passed this on to me, as I don’t quite consider myself a “blogger,” but rather “a kid who subjects unwilling readers to my writing,” but I’m tickled pink by this and will proudly display this award on my fridge.
Conditions to the award are as follows:
- In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in the post with a link back to their blog.
- In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs. (Or do what I do and just tweet them.)
I don’t know that many people, so coming up with fifteen other writers is not going to happen. Sad.
Anyway, because I enjoy talking about myself, here are seven wacky facts about me!
1. First, some mundane facts…I was born a month premature. My original due date was August 1981, but at a 4th of July get-together with family, my brother inadvertently broke my mother’s water by laying his head on her lap and a few short hours later, I came into the world. This remains the only time in my life I have ever been early for anything.
2. This one isn’t about me so much, but my dad looks like Donald Sutherland:
3. This really isn’t a point of pride, by I have freakishly long fingers and can hold a basketball in one hand…and bounce the ball and grasp it. Yikes. The only advantage to this is the fact that I would bug the crap out of my older brother with this ability.
4. Every little girl and boy aspires to be something awesome when they grow up. I wanted to be an FBI agent. Thanks, watching endless hours of The X Files!
5. I can recite the movie “The Little Mermaid” verbatim, even now at 30 years old. Get in line, gentlemen, and take a number.
6. Since I do have a brother who is seven years older than me, I spent most of my childhood trying to impress him (see #3). One time, our family was making our weekly trip to Pizza Hut and my brother and I were in the backseat. I had a bracelet with pink plastic beads on it and I broke it and stuck two beads into my nostrils. We both started laughing hysterically, because hey, beads up your nose. Well…I laughed too hard and ended up snorting one of the beads up into my sinus cavity. My father was furious with me that instead of eating a piping hot, gooey with cheese and laden with toppings, he was taking his 5-year-old daughter to the emergency room to have a bead extracted. That was horrible and I remember the doctor on his knees in front of me with a flashlight and forceps, peering into my nose and squirting this lubricant up my nostrils and it was a horrible imitation banana scented liquid and to this day, I gag whenever I eat banana Laffy Taffy. As we were walking out of the ER, my dad started chuckling and said, “I stuck a bean up my nose once.”
7. I sing a wicked good version of “Patience” by Guns N’ Roses at karaoke.
Well, that’s me in seven easy-to-swallow facts. Now, for the passing of the award…
Go, my children, go! Spread the love. Just be responsible.